Saturday, April 9, 2011

Jackson's Big Day

This morning I delivered a cake for Jackson's first birthday party.  His mommy, Kenna, and I met earlier this week to discuss the design, and we arrived at this.
Jackson is his mommy's little monkey, so that was the starting point.  Kenna quite smartly decided to combine his first birthday party with his baby dedication service, done by her father, so she wanted to incorporate the cross.   It's a mixture of several different ideas, but I just love it!
Everyone will have twice the reason to celebrate sweet Jackson's life (and his cheeks.  My goodness he has the sweetest cheeks I  have ever seen!) today.  Happy birthday!!

Bottom tier is chocolate cake with cookies and cream filling.  Top tier is sour cream pound cake with fresh strawberry filling.  Buttercream frosting with fondant accents.



No comments:

Post a Comment