Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Princess Madi

Final delivery of the weekend-- Madison's 16th Birthday party!
Madi is my sweet sweet little cousin who is so dear to my heart.  We are told at least 10 times a day that we look exactly alike, and we have extremely similar personalities.  When my aunt Nesie asked me to help with her party, I think Madi knew she would have an ally in the "the sparklier, the better!" party philosophy. :-)
Thankfully, after all was said and done, Madi was THRILLED TO PIECES with her party, and her cake.  A gumpaste tiara, sitting atop a pillow, sitting atop a zebra printed base.  I built a cake table backdrop to make a focal point for the room, and I'm pleased with how everything came out.  Nesie knows how to throw a GREAT party, and Madi knows how to work it like the princess she is. 
Love love love them both!

Happy Birthday, Madi!

Bottom tier is pink sour cream cake with fresh strawberry filling, top tier is marble with fudge filling.  Buttercream with fondant accents.

1 comment:

  1. I love this cake! You did a great job with the tiara. I totally thought that it was a pre-made topping. :)

    ReplyDelete