Sunday, April 10, 2011

Tie Dye Guitar

I do not love anything more than experimenting with strange and usual cake techniques, and today was no exception!  Courtney (a repeat customer, LOVE those!) asked for a guitar cake for her husband, Wayne, and she asked if it could look tie-dyed.  "Hmmmmmm...." I thought, "A new adventure!"  After much research and trial and error, I am quite pleased with how this little cake turned out.  I am also pleased that all six of the strings piped with no breaks!  Small victories in the life of a cake decorator!
Wayne is a rock star (really, he is.  Go learn about his band The ISSUES HERE), and I hope he enjoys this cake.  Happy Birthday, and "Party on, Wayne!"  (couldn't resist. :-))

Chocolate cake, buttercream frosting, fondant accents.

No comments:

Post a Comment