Sunday, April 10, 2011

A Captain for All Seasons

Last night, we had the greatest time giving my daddy a surprise 60th birthday party.  He had NO IDEA it was coming, and his reaction was priceless!  About 30 of us met for dinner, followed by Whirly Ball (if you don't know about Whirly Ball, you should.  It is the most hilarious thing ever created!).  We had a blast, and Daddy was very happy with it all.
I was asked to make a cake for him, and I immediately knew I wanted to try to replicate his sailboat.  My whole life, we have been "boat people," but the sailboat is a recent addition.  Dad is happiest when out on the water, and I wanted to try to bring that to his cake.  Enter... Fondant Ed!

































Complete with wee little boat shoes and Dad's trademark "lake hair" that he gets after a day on the water.  The "EE" on his shirt is what his grandkids call him.  Except for the time that Emma Jean quite randomly said, while on his boat, "EE, you are a captain for all seasons."  It stuck!

Dad was thrilled with his party and especially with his cake.
Love you, Daddy!  I hope you had a wonderful birthday celebration.  Now you HAVE to take me out on the Constellation.  :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment