Friday, April 22, 2011

Bridal Blue

Yesterday I returned to my old stomping grounds.  I delivered a cake for a bridal shower at the middle school where I used to teach, and where I still have so many dear friends.  The shower was for Betsy, who is acting as technology coordinator for the school this year.  In a school as large as that one (~2500 kids!!  Hundreds of teachers!!), she has a gigantic job.  I know all the staff wanted to shower her with love and well wishes for her life as an old married lady! :-)

Because it was a school-wide shower, this cake needed to serve a lot of people.  It wound up looking quite like (and weighing as much as!  Mercy!) a wedding cake, but if I know one thing about teachers, it's that cake never survives more than 24 hours in a school.  Hopefully they all enjoyed it.  Congrats, Betsy!!

Sour cream pound cake, buttercream filling and frosting, fondant ribbons.  "Something old, something new, something borrowed, something blue" written around base tier.



No comments:

Post a Comment