Sunday, March 27, 2011

Big Blue Baby Buggy

(say that five times fast!)

Yesterday, I delivered this 3-D baby buggy cake for Heather, who I have known FOREVER.  She is expecting her second baby boy this summer.  I was asked to do something "interesting and cool" for the cake (this is the same family that had the Diet Coke can cake), and I figured now was as good a time as any to figure out how to make a 3-D baby carriage.  I love families that let me experiment with crazy cakes!

Everything is edible-- the handle and the canopy are gumpaste.  The rainy weekend did NOT make my life any easier, and I was so afraid the pieces would droop, but everything worked out perfectly!  Gumpaste is so fragile (this was my second handle-- the first one shattered!), but you can do such neat things with it.

Cake is sour cream pound cake, filled with strawberry mousse and fresh strawberries.  Buttercream basketweave, fondant bows and wheels, gumpaste handle, pillow, and canopy.



No comments:

Post a Comment