Monday, September 26, 2011

Gary and Stephanie

This weekend, I had the pleasure of delivering a wedding cake for a delightful couple.  We met several weeks ago for a consultation, and I just loved them from the start.  The invitation they gave me to use for inspiration had one of my favorite things I have ever seen:  it said "Dinner and dancing to follow (forever)"
It made my heart glad!
We had a great consultation, and Stephanie knew just what she wanted.  A "rosette" cake (these are quite the rage these days!), but done in a yellow ombré effect.  Almost every ombré cake I have ever seen is dark on the bottom and fades to light at the top, but Stephanie wanted to flip that.  I love how it came out!
The wedding was held at the Barn at Price Mountain Farm in Pendergrass.  It was such a gorgeous, peaceful setting and the weather was beautiful.  I hope Gary and Stephanie had an absolutely perfect day!  I was glad to be part of it!


Top and bottom tiers are red velvet with cream cheese filling.  Middle tier is chocolate with buttercream filling.  Outside is all "outdoor" buttercream, which is stablized to hold up to the heat.

No comments:

Post a Comment