Friday, September 23, 2011

A Few of Her Favorite Things

Last weekend, I delivered a cake for Jeanne.  She is now an Official Loulu's VIP-- this was her fifth (I think??) cake order, which I LOVE.  She always ends her emails to me with  "Well, you said you like a challenge!", and with her I have made some superfun cakes!
This one was to be for her mother, who was turning 70.  It needed to make it to North Carolina, so nothing too fancy, but she wanted to include her mother's favorite things:  Auburn, coffee, shih tzus, the stock market, her grandchildren, Fox News, yellow roses, and her husband.  Got all that?
I have done a cake similar in idea before (click HERE), so I knew it was possible.  I sent her a sketch, and off we went!  I love how it came out! 

On top is a shih tzu holding the Wall Street Journal, sitting in a bed of yellow roses.  Surrounding are the names of the grandkids. Off to the sides are a TV tuned to Fox News, an Auburn coffee mug, and a heart with her initials and her husband's.  Such fun and so personalized! I hope they enjoyed celebrating her special day.

Sour cream pound cake, cookies-n-cream filling.  All buttercream, with fondant topper, TV, and coffee mug. *sorry for the stinky pictures, I had to use my phone!*



No comments:

Post a Comment