Monday, September 12, 2011

*deep breath...* Go Vols!!

You know how hard it is for me, a born and raised Georgia girl, to support ANYTHING orange.  Still, I can support any SEC team when need be, and that's what this cake called for!

Casey contacted me to do a cake for her husband's birthday.  He's a Tennessee fan.  She bought him tickets to the UT/LSU game this year, and wanted a cake to tie in with that.  I sent her some ideas, and we arrived at this.  It's the Tennessee "Power T" logo, done in the signature checkerboards of the Neyland Stadium endzones.

When I delivered the cake Saturday morning, I was all bedecked in my red and black for the journey to Athens for game day.  Let's just say this orange cake didn't exactly match my outfit, but I think it came out cute nonetheless. Casey was happy, and I hope her husband was, too! :-)

Happy Birthday!!  (and Go Dawgs!)

Chocolate cake, done all in buttercream.

No comments:

Post a Comment