Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Sweet Caroline

I sang that song the whole time I made this cake!  One of my very favorite names!!

This cake was made for Caroline's 21st birthday.  Her mom, Cate, asked for something that "looked like a party," had the 21 and some sort of beverage glass on it.  She asked me to incorporate Caroline's favorite colors of pink and purple, and here's what we got!  I think it definitely fits the bill for a celebration of sorts, and I had such a good time making it.  I am crazy about zebra print cakes (have you seen my logo up there? No surprise!), and I loved how this one came out.  I hope that Caroline and her family enjoyed it, as well.  Happy happy birthday!!

Chocolate cake made with a hefty dose of Godiva liqueur, fudge filling made with MORE Godiva liqueur (hey-- she's legal!  Let's celebrate it!), buttercream frosting with fondant and gumpaste accents.


No comments:

Post a Comment