Monday, May 30, 2011

"Naughty Kitty", Naughty Puggies!

This week I had the pleasure of making a birthday cake for my Aunt Nesie.  She will forever be one of my very favorite people, and it tickles me that she loves my cakes so much.  Her daughter, Millicent, asked me to make a cake and decorate it however I pleased, so I had fun!
Nesie and her girls refer to leopard print as "naughty kitty," which I think it hilarious. I have been wanting to experiment with leopard print (I've got the zebra print down pat!), and decided to use my sweet family members as guinea pigs.
When Nesie was in high school, she was the pink and green  80s queen.  I brought that in, and decided to crown the cake with her two puggies, Ellie and Meaty.  Those are the silliest dogs you'll ever meet, but they sure love their mama.  Their mama sure loves them, too!
Thankfully, Nesie was quite pleased with this experiment of a cake.  Love you much!

Cream cheese pound cake, fudge filling, buttercream frosting.  Pugs are fondant.


No comments:

Post a Comment