Monday, May 30, 2011

Invitation Inspiration

After a long weekend spent recuperating from my trip to the emergency room (Back spasm.  Would not let go.  Yuck!), it's time to play catch up on the cake blog!

Last weekend, I delivered a cake for a baby shower that Bonnie was hosting. She had sent me the most beautiful invitation to use for ideas.

The cake itself needed to be fairly small, so I decided to bring the cakeboard into the design.  Bonnie ordered one of my "minis"- a little oval cake that feeds about 10-12.  I LOVED the medallion design in the corner of the invitation, so I replicated it on the cakeboard and kept the actual cake fairly simple.  I think it turned out great!  I hope Bonnie and her friends enjoyed it, as well.

Vanilla cake, raspberry filling.  All buttercream with a fondant disk in the middle.  Cakeboard covered in fondant and then piped with details.


1 comment: