Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Pretty Pretty Princess

Over the weekend, I created a princess cake for Mariya's daughter's 3rd birthday.  I busted out Mom's old Wilton Wondermold pan, and took a trip down memory lane.  (Click HERE to read that story!)  I did go out and buy a new doll insert, as the one with my pan is so very dear to my heart.  She's got to be a genuine antique by now, and I hope she gets to see many more family birthdays.  I was just excited to know that I could actually find a new doll insert these days!
Mariya requested a princess dress cake, and her only requirement was PINK!  This design is actually a throwback to one that I had Mom make for me.  I chuckled to myself so many times while I was creating this cake.  Miss her every day!!

When I dropped off the cake for Imaan's party, Mariya was thrilled.  Imaan was too busy bouncing in the backyard (Who can blame her? I would have been out there if I could!), so I didn't see her reaction, but her mommy assured me she would love it.  I hope this princess cake made her birthday as magical as all my princess cakes made mine when I was a little girl.

Happy birthday, Imaan!!

No comments:

Post a Comment