Saturday, February 12, 2011

"We gon' riiiiide..... The Dinosaur Train!"

Any mom of a child under 8 can probably sing that little theme song with me.  It is a staple program over here!

I was excited to do this cake for Sabrina, a high school friend of my sister's.  It was her little Preston's 5th birthday, and due to unforeseen circumstances, their cake plans didn't pan out.  She contacted me last week to see if I could step in, and I am so glad I was able to help!  She had some designs already chosen, so I pulled elements of each and came up with this.  Hubs says it's one of his favorites, and one of mine too, I think!
 I loved delivering it this morning-- one of my favorite things about doing cakes is getting to see little "clients" and their reactions.  Priceless!

Tiny and Buddy (the dinos) are piped buttercream, and I am pleased with how they came out.  Train, birthday banner, palm trees, and topper are fondant.  Sour cream pound cake with vanilla buttercream.



1 comment: