Saturday, February 19, 2011

Ironman

Today was Ty's 5th birthday, and he needed an IronMan cake to celebrate!  Ty's grandmommy, Beth, is one of the best and most amazing teachers I have ever had the pleasure of working with.  The most laughable moment of my teaching career was when they made ME her "mentor" during her first year at our school (she had been an elementary school teacher prior).  She brought so much experience, fresh perspective, and dedication to our school that it was downright nutty for me to be in the "teaching a teacher" role.  Anyone who passes through Beth's classroom, adult or child, should realize how lucky they are.
I felt lucky to help her family celebrate Ty's big day today, and I hope they all enjoyed his IronMan cake.  Happy birthday, Ty!

Sour cream pound cake, vanilla buttercream.  Hand carved and hand piped IronMan mask.

No comments:

Post a Comment