Saturday, February 12, 2011

The Need for Speed

Today I delivered a fun racecar cake for Will's 8th birthday party tomorrow.  He is having a racing party, and his mom found a cake she asked me to recreate.  This has to be one of my favorites-- it's so personalized!
The first place car is black and silver (Will's favorites) and is a #8 since he will be turning 8.
The second-place #6 car is his second-place brother, who is 6 years old and loves blue.
The poor guy who has crashed is Will's little brother, who is 4 and likes green.  When I dropped off the cake today, he wanted to know why his car had crashed.  I told him it was just because he's too young to drive!  I love that Will's mom, Jeanne, made the cake so fitting for her family.  So cute!
Will loved seeing his cake today, which makes me very happy.  I hope he and his pals have a wonderful time tomorrow!  Happy Birthday!

Sour cream pound cake, fudge filling, buttercream with fondant accents.

No comments:

Post a Comment