Sunday, March 20, 2011

Georgia Girl

This whirlwind of a weekend continues-- this morning I dropped off a cake for Ansley's 8th birthday.  Her mom, Wendy, asked me to incorporate Ansley's 3 favorite things-- UGA, cheerleading, and basketball.  Y'all know I am always ready for a Georgia cake! As I was working on it last night, while watching the game, I was so hoping the combination of Bulldogs and basketball on this cake would somehow help propel the Dawgs to a tournament victory.  Alas-- we lost by 3!
The pompoms on this cake took a bit of figuring-- every time I made them they were just unidentifiable.  Finally, I called on some techniques from sewing, of all things, and arrived at this.  I think they're cute!

I love this cake, and I love it when girls are into sports.  This was such a shift from most pink, flowery, girly cakes, and I had a ball on it. I hope Ansley enjoys it!  Happy 8th Birthday!

Marble cake, cookies and cream filling, buttercream frosting with fondant accents.  Gumpaste number topper.  Had to put it on a HUGE board because it was so heavy.


No comments:

Post a Comment