Saturday, November 6, 2010

La la la la, Elmo's World!

Today, I was excited to deliver a cake to a sweet little girl named Hope.  She was having an Elmo Extravaganza to celebrate being 2, and from what I saw, they were going to have a blast!  Her mommy, Sarah, had gone all out and had the most adorable decorations and details scattered throughout her house.
Sarah had provided me with the Elmo pan.  It's been a while since I did a cake like this, and I was instantly reminded that, despite appearances, these cakes are probably 10 times harder than the most complex fondant covered cake would ever be! Tricky to bake, tricky to smooth, tricky to get all those stars in the right place... but at the end of the day, little Hope and her family were all quite happy with it.
Happy Birthday!!

Chocolate cake, buttercream frosting
 They also ordered 12 chocolate and 12 vanilla cupcakes-- I added the tiny fondant "Elmos" just for fun!

1 comment:

  1. The cake and cupcakes were DELICIOUS!!! I could not be any happier with the way they turned out and everyone at the party went on and on about how great they looked and tasted. I will definitely be ordering from loulu's again in the near future! Thanks!!!

    ReplyDelete