Saturday, November 13, 2010

I Love the 80s

Today I got to deliver a superfun cake for superfun gal named Maureen-- a former co-worker of my husband.  She's turning 25 and wanted to do so in style, so she sent me a request to make a *much* smaller version of something seen on Cake Boss.  Let me tell you, I am certainly no Buddy Valastro!
Still, this was a fun one-- the "spiked collar," the wire topper, even down to the cake itself!  The tiers are alternating layers  of red velvet and butter cake... I hope Maureen gets a picture once it's cut!
Probably my favorite part of this cake is not very visible in these pictures-- Maureen lost her mother to cervical cancer and asked me to turn the exclamation point of "80s Rocks!" into a remembrance ribbon.  Love that!

Have a totally radical party, Maureen! :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment