Monday, November 29, 2010

Death and Buttercream

They don't mix, do they?? Today I created this little Mini for a book club.  They were reading a book called The Book Thief, which I have not read, but my understanding of it is that it includes Nazis and stealing, and that it is narrated by Death.  In general, these are things I try to avoid in cake making!
Thankfully, my client Ashley is a low-key kind of lady and didn't mind one bit what was on the cake.  I took advantage and made a modified, scaled down, fondant-less version of a CakeGirls cake that I have wanted to recreate for so very long. Top it off with four necessary book club items (wine bottle, wine glass, reading glasses, and the book itself) and you're good to go! I hope they enjoy it!

Red velvet cake, cream cheese filling,  cream cheese buttercream frosting.



No comments:

Post a Comment