Friday, June 24, 2011

To Infinity, and Beyond!

SO HAPPY to be "back in business" these days!  My back is 1000% better, and Hubs and I had a fun little weekend getaway for a friend's wedding (and a way-out-of-the-way-but-so-fun trip to Harry Potter World at Universal Studios.  I died!)
This is the most recent cake I made-- for sweet little Collier.  He turned four, such a big boy, and has been asking me for months for a Buzz Lightyear cake.  His mommy, Jill, said, "You know you can just make a sheet cake."
HA!  This little boy's birthday has been the inspiration for a 3D tractor cake, a 3D crane cake, and I knew he needed a 3D Buzz cake!  I looked around for some ideas, and finally went my own way and did an upside down tiered cake for more of a "stylized Buzz" feel. :-)
Seeing his little face when I walked in with his cake just melted my heart.  Happy Birthday, Collier! Can't wait to see what you dream up next year!

This picture just makes my heart melt!  I LOVE WHAT I DO!


Head is rice krispies treats, arms and legs are fondant.
Sour cream cake with buttercream filling, buttercream frosting with fondant accents.

No comments:

Post a Comment