Sunday, June 26, 2011

Lil' All Star

I was excited to re-visit this cake... it is one of the first ones you will find on this blog, way back in September 2010.  I LOVED this cake when I made it the first time, and I was happy to make it again!
Stephanie was throwing her baby boy Owen a Braves themed first birthday party, and this cake fit right in!  The first time, I used all fondant to cover the cake. This time, I wanted to try to achieve the same look with buttercream.  I did a few design adjustments, but overall the look is pretty close to the original.
I hope little Owen enjoyed it!  I saw pictures of him enjoying (and destroying!) his smash cake... Happy First Birthday!!!

Top tier chocolate, bottom tier cream cheese pound cake.  Buttercream filling and frosting, fondant accents.
Smash cake is chocolate, also!



No comments:

Post a Comment