Friday, July 22, 2011

Sixty and Sassy!

I spent the majority of this week on a cruise to the Bahamas.  It was so very lovely.  It was my first cruise, it allowed me to spend time with 8 of my favorite people, and it helped me overcome my not-so-love affair with the ocean.  (Love the beach, hate the water.  Something about the Caribbean makes it all okay, though!)

I am back to the land of the living, which means I am back to cakes!  This is one I did right before I left.

Cacey contacted me, after seeing a 30th birthday zebra print and pink cake I had done, to see if I could make something similar, but bigger, for her mother-in-law's birthday.  I am NEVER one to turn down a zebra print cake, and I say the bigger the better!  Cacey wanted to add in some splashes of aqua, which I think worked perfectly.  When I dropped off the cake (on the most GORGEOUS family property), it looked like they were set to have a ball.  I hope everyone, especially the birthday "girl", enjoyed it!

Bottom tier is chocolate with chocolate filling.  Middle is pound cake with cookies and cream filling.  Top is chocolate with white chocolate mousse filling.  Buttercream with fondant accents.  I slightly tapered the sides for a tiny bit of the "mad hatter" look.


No comments:

Post a Comment