Friday, December 3, 2010

Man Cake

Why is it that women seem to be the cake orderers in life?  Not that I mind-- women clients enable me to have cute, polka-dotted, flowery cakes that are whimsical and fun.
My dear friend Catherine (a woman, naturally) ordered a cake last week.  For her husband's 35th birthday.

I was momentarily stymied.

Justin is, quite simply, a "man's man" kind of guy.  He adores sports.  He eats big old steaks.  He's outdoorsy and loves to be at the lake. Not a man for whom flowers, polka dots, or cute would do!
Catherine asked for chocolate cake with chocolate frosting, and to somehow incorporate UGA and sports.
 After much hemming and hawing and readjusting of my design, I arrived at this conclusion:
For a Man Cake, less is more.  Make it taste good, and he'll be happy.  The rest is, pardon me but I have to, "icing on the cake." :-)

Chocolate cake, chocolate buttercream, fondant sports balls.

*the Georgia G is my first attempt at a frozen buttercream transfer.  Not perfect, but not a bad first effort!*

No comments:

Post a Comment